WIP: Reaper Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin

This is my first bones plastic model, so I’m kind of making it up as I go along. Cleaning mould lines is definitely different. They don’t scrape off very well like GW plastic. I ended up cutting and/or sanding them off. There was also one spot, which I assume was a gate in the casting process, that was much harder than the rest of the model. It was almost the texture of dried super glue. I also had to cut him off of the unfortunate broccoli base, but as he was the Bones PVC plastic instead of metal that really wasn’t too much of a problem. Overall I’m impressed with the detail that Reaper managed to cast into this soft plastic and I’m looking forward to painting it. This model will be for use in a D&D game.

Here he is pictured next to the broccoli base I removed.

Reaper Vaeloth Hellborn Paladin WIP 1

Advertisements

Posted on November 2, 2013, in Reaper Miniatures, WIP and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: