This was another recent commission to go along with the Riphorn Satyr. I’m glad to have been able to paint this model and the Satyr so I have some idea about what they are like while I make plans for my own Circle of Orboros army as I’ll probably include both models in my list options.
Here are some quick pictures of a basic Standard level commission I recently did of a Circle of Orboros Riphorn Satyr. I really like most of the CoO models, and this was no exception!
Hi! After a long break from posting, I’m back! I have several new models to show you, and my goal is to paint and post a lot more often this year. Also, I am available again for commissions!
Here’s a model I recently finished that I hear is quite powerful in play – Hordes Circle of Orboros Bradigus Thorle the Runecarver. I’m not too big of a fan of the studio colors for this model, so I changed things up a bit. I hope you like it! This model is for sale – $115.
I had a Feral Warpwolf sitting on my shelf that was just waiting for a base, and he had been waiting for that base for going on a year…no idea how that happened! So I decided to just go ahead and get that taken care of. I had some spare sculpey bits and some wooden craft sticks sitting around, as well as some leaves for basing that I really love.
First, I tore the edges of the sculpey and stacked a few bits together. I also broke off bits of some craft sticks. I then assembled all of this with some super glue. PVA would probably be fine as well, but I accidentally bought a HUGE bottle of super glue that turned out to be 30 minutes set time (I didn’t read the label thoroughly…), so I use it for basing a lot.
After the glue set, I used Vallejo Red Oxide Paste to fill gaps, smooth transitions, add texture, and glue additional rocks on.
Then I began airbrushing. First was a mix of RMS Woodstain Brown and RMS Golden Shadow. It doesn’t matter too much at this point to be neat.
Then I started adding color, because straight grey or brown is so boring! Also, nothing in nature is truly just one color, a brown rock is more than just brown if you really look at it. I used VGC Goblin Green next.
And RMS Bloodstain Red, then VGC Falcon Turquoise…
After that I washed it with GW Agrax Earthshade to tie it all back together.
Here is the wash dried:
Then I began drybrushing, first with RMS Aged Bone.
Next, I drybrushed several more colors – RMS Rust Brown, VMC Azure, VGC Goblin Green, RMS Golden Shadow.
Then it was time to black out the edges, drill holes for the pins in the Feral Warpwolf’s feet, and attach the model. Once that was done, I put Vallejo Matte Medium on the base wherever I thought it looked like it needed fallen leaves, and then applied Secret Weapon Summer Color Mix fallen leaves to those areas.
Now that it finally has a base, this model will be listed for sale soon!
About a year ago I painted a pair of Feral Warpwolves, but I didn’t finish one so it’s been sitting on the shelf literally just waiting for a base. During that year, the Reaper Brush-On Sealer turned white in some areas on the models, which was obviously very unexpected. It was probably due to an overly thick application, but I can’t be totally sure about that. I don’t use the stuff now, and I haven’t for a while. So I had some work left on these models. I managed to very easily fix the problem of the white sealer in crevices by painting over it, and during the process I did a little more work on a few areas. It’s really amazing to me to look at models I painted a year ago that I was so happy with. Now, although I do not think they are bad by any stretch of the imagination, I know that I can do better. At the time they were the limit of my skill and knowledge.
Here they are after fixing the sealer and re-touching a few areas.
Hopefully I will get around to making a base for the 2nd Warpwolf soon, but my daughter and I have been sick for the last few days, so it’s been hard to get much of anything done.