I started this model a while back, but hadn’t gotten to finish him and take pictures until now. Here he is! I really enjoyed certain parts of him, such as the ribbon and the gold, and I really wish that I had been able to put more time into him, but that was not possible at a Standard+ Level.
I finished the GW River Trolls! Unfortunately, I’m still without a decent camera since my camera broke, but I think these could be worse!
Overall, I liked these models. The spikes worried me constantly, as though I was about to break one off any second, but they were actually pretty resilient. Also, I was able to do more by airbrush than I usually do, which was a nice change. I do with I had been able to do more with the basing, but I needed to keep it pretty simple. Also, these models take up almost their entire base, so if they were going to be on gaming bases there wasn’t much room anyways.
I just updated my “Upcoming Projects” widget with the next few things I’m working on. It may change again as there are possibly some LotR Eagles upcoming, and I typically work on a couple projects at once anyways.
For now, I just started a set of GW River Trolls. They were a pain to assemble, but they have been quite fun to paint so far. I heard someone say once that they didn’t like these models and preferred to use some from a different manufacturer because these “didn’t have any character.” but I think that’s nuts. These models have TONS of character! Several poses, lots of various details, and just in general they look more organic than most GW sculpts.
Here’s where they stand now:
It shouldn’t be too much longer before I finish these three…then 6 more to go!
I’m going out of town for a few weeks, so I probably won’t be able to post much (if at all) during that time, but before I go I’ll put up a picture of a converted Ogre Hunter I’ve been working on. When I get back I have a commission for a beautiful Reaper Alastriel! It’s definitely one of my favorite Werner Klocke sculpts, and I’m really happy to have a reason to paint one.
I had a SUPER busy weekend at Brawler Bash VII. I met a ton of super-nice people, and hopefully I will get the opportunity to do some projects for some of them. Also, I can’t wait to see what projects the recipients of the $50 gift certifcates want me to do for them.
In the coming weeks I will be posting about a Lizardmen project including two skink characters and some skirmishing movement trays. I’m also going to finish an Empire mounted BSB I’ve been working on. After that, I’m switching over to some 40K for a while starting with some Dark Angels! Hopefully I will also be able to squeeze in a few Reaper Bones models along the way.
I just finished this Ogre Ironblaster. I was going for quick and simple, but this model is pretty much impossible to do quickly, lol. Also, all of those little details are just begging to be snapped off! I really like the model, but I’m not too keen on having to assemble another one for a little while! It was nerve-wracking, lol.
In the next couple weeks I have a Lizardmen commission to complete – Skink Priest, Tetto’Eko, and skirmisher movement trays.
I will take step-by-step photos and post a how-to about the movement trays!
Before all that, however, I need to finish the Ogres project with the Limited Edition Bruiser/Tyrant.