Well I finished the Empire Wizards and Company Master. Here’s the photos! Remember, these are part of a 2500-3000 point Empire army I’m painting that will be for sale when it’s done.
I’ve had a lot of stuff happen in the last week or so that really disrupted my painting time, and then the deadline on the Empire Army project moved back, so some Ogres jumped up in line. Because of all that, I’ve pretty much just been working on the Empire Battle Wizards a little here and a little there. Here’s where they stand:
Over the next two weeks I will finish the wizards, finish the master engineer, paint an Ogre Ironblaster, and paint one to two more Ogre models (non-troops).
I know I’ve mentioned his channel before, but a guy local to me has a great YouTube channel for Warhammer Fantasy battle reports – OnceBitten360. Please check it out. He does a really good job with his battle reports, and there are a ton of them!
Recently, I painted some banners for him. You can see them in this battle report – http://youtu.be/FxpgDkYtZSo!
Well I finished the last 8 horses for the 24 Empire Knights:
I think the white horses are my favorite. And just in case you ever wondered what a horde of cavalry looks like:
I should have the 24 riders done sometime in the next few days as well as a pair of Pathfinder Red Dragons, one of which will be for sale!
Well my airbrush compressor completely burned out, so I’ve been trying to get a replacement quickly. Hopefully the replacement will get here in the next day or two, and hopefully it’ll be as nice as I think it is!
In the mean time, here’s a quick shot of the first group of archers for the 3000 points of Empire I’m painting.
Recently I built Elven ruins bases for the High Elf Prince on Griffon I painted. Here’s how I did it:
1. The first step is to create the rocks and pieces of ruins from Sculpey. I used a Woodland Scenics rock mold to create the rocks by pressing Sculpey into parts of them, squishing it in until the part of the Sculpey not in the rock is pretty flat, and then bending the mold to peel out the newly formed rock. I also created a couple small Sculpey “bricks.” Then bake!
2. Next, I carved the Sculpey “bricks” into weathered stone with a craft knife.
3. The next step is to arrange the stones on the base and glue them on.
4. Then, I put Vallejo Red Oxide Paste (still love this stuff, although I could do without the red color) in the crevices and around edges. I also put various sizes of Woodland Scenics ballast on areas of the base. Weathered ruins and rocks are certainly accompanied by smaller rocks!
5. Prime the base! I used Vallejo Black Surface Primer.
6. Now for the fun part – painting! First, I coated the base in VGC Goblin Green.
7. Next I added some stone colors – RMS Bone Shadow then RMS Cloudy Grey.
8. Next I used RMS Linen White on the ruins.
9. Then I used RMS Golden Shadow for more variation in color.
10. Now it’s time to wash the base. I used several colors – GW Athonian Camoshade, Army Painter Red Tone Ink, Army Painter Blue Tone Ink, Army Painter Green Tone Ink.
11. Next, drybrush the base with the colors used previously, as appropriate.
12. The next step is to put in the flight stand. I started the hole with a pin vice, and then finished it with the craft knife since the pin vice couldn’t make a hole big enough.
13. The last step was to use Vallejo Matte Medium to attach Woodland Scenics flock and Secret Weapon leaves.