Here’s how I did the Reaper Hydra with a marsh base!
1. Clean mould lines, boil, dry fit while cooling to reduce gaps.
2. Prime black
3. Paint the scales on his back VGC Jade Green, highlight with mix of Jade Green and RMS Linen White.
4. Wash back scales with Army Painter Blue Tone ink. In this picture the left has not been washed yet.
5. Paint the rest of the hydra VGC Falcon Turquoise.
6. Wash with GW Nightshade.
7. Next it was time for the faces – which there are a ton of!
8. Build the bases.
9. Paint the bases when they are dry.
10. Add stumps to bases.
11. Finish the faces and assemble the Hydras!
12. Paint stumps.
13. Add grass.
14. Add water effects mixed with Flames of War Camo Dark Green paint, also mix in GF9 Marsh blend flock to “gunk” it up.
15. Pin back feet, attach to base.