I actually painted this mini about 2 months ago, but never got around to posting her pictures until now!
This model was an experiment in new things to me – sparkly cloth, sheer cloth, making butterflies, magic effects, painting crystal. I’m considering changing the colors of the butterflies to pink and yellow. I made them blue because I wanted them to be part of the magic dress transformation. The sheer cloth was simpler than I imagined, but I’m sure there are much more challenging situations for it. I also really enjoyed painting all those dots…even though there are a million of them…and they made my hand cramp from holding the brush funny…
Here are some quick pictures of a basic Standard level commission I recently did of a Circle of Orboros Riphorn Satyr. I really like most of the CoO models, and this was no exception!
I’m super busy with multiple projects right now, but I thought I ought to put up some photos of the Ultraforge Vrock as I hadn’t done finished photos yet somehow!
These Firebellies were ordered a month ahead of my deadline for painting them, which should have been enough time….right? Well due to GW taking their sweet time, some unseasonable ice and snow, and just general shipping issues the models didn’t arrive until after lunch the day of my deadline. Needless to say, that was a problem! Somehow, I got them done in time, however, but I’m going to have to remember this the next time I have to order Finecast from GW on a deadline…
Anyways, here they are! Just a basic Standard level paint job with OSL, but I think the effect brings a lot to them!
Another quick studio update about commission scheduling – At this point I am completely booked solid until the end of May, and at least partially booked through August, so if you want to get something painted it’s probably a good idea to claim a spot in my queue sooner rather than later! I do still have room for a couple projects concurrent with my other commitments from late May thru August (and obviously plenty of room after that!), so please go ahead and contact me and we’ll see if we can work something out. The schedule is filling fast!
This model is still WIP, although it’s coming along! I sculpted the additional rocks on the base with milliput, as putting him on a 50mm playable base left little room for anything else. Painting the feathers took hours! At this point I’ve already spent as many hours on this model as I planned to in total, and I still have a few more to go!