These Firebellies were ordered a month ahead of my deadline for painting them, which should have been enough time….right? Well due to GW taking their sweet time, some unseasonable ice and snow, and just general shipping issues the models didn’t arrive until after lunch the day of my deadline. Needless to say, that was a problem! Somehow, I got them done in time, however, but I’m going to have to remember this the next time I have to order Finecast from GW on a deadline…
Anyways, here they are! Just a basic Standard level paint job with OSL, but I think the effect brings a lot to them!
Here are final shots of a recent commission for a Warhammer Ogre Kingdoms Slaughtermaster with a gnoblar converted to hold a spellbook. It was a fairly simple conversion once I found a gnoblar with a mostly flat back. I just had to make the wooden stand and straps and find a suitable book. The book is from a Space Marines vehicle kit.
I’m going out of town for a few weeks, so I probably won’t be able to post much (if at all) during that time, but before I go I’ll put up a picture of a converted Ogre Hunter I’ve been working on. When I get back I have a commission for a beautiful Reaper Alastriel! It’s definitely one of my favorite Werner Klocke sculpts, and I’m really happy to have a reason to paint one.
I just finished this Ogre Ironblaster. I was going for quick and simple, but this model is pretty much impossible to do quickly, lol. Also, all of those little details are just begging to be snapped off! I really like the model, but I’m not too keen on having to assemble another one for a little while! It was nerve-wracking, lol.
In the next couple weeks I have a Lizardmen commission to complete – Skink Priest, Tetto’Eko, and skirmisher movement trays.
I will take step-by-step photos and post a how-to about the movement trays!
Before all that, however, I need to finish the Ogres project with the Limited Edition Bruiser/Tyrant.
The last one from that massive Maneater unit…
He has one of those unfortunate cast-on broccoli bases, and since he is metal it can be tough to remove cleanly. Instead, I think I managed to make it blend into the cork base pretty well.