I started this model a while back, but hadn’t gotten to finish him and take pictures until now. Here he is! I really enjoyed certain parts of him, such as the ribbon and the gold, and I really wish that I had been able to put more time into him, but that was not possible at a Standard+ Level.
I finished the GW River Trolls! Unfortunately, I’m still without a decent camera since my camera broke, but I think these could be worse!
Overall, I liked these models. The spikes worried me constantly, as though I was about to break one off any second, but they were actually pretty resilient. Also, I was able to do more by airbrush than I usually do, which was a nice change. I do with I had been able to do more with the basing, but I needed to keep it pretty simple. Also, these models take up almost their entire base, so if they were going to be on gaming bases there wasn’t much room anyways.
I’m going out of town for a few weeks, so I probably won’t be able to post much (if at all) during that time, but before I go I’ll put up a picture of a converted Ogre Hunter I’ve been working on. When I get back I have a commission for a beautiful Reaper Alastriel! It’s definitely one of my favorite Werner Klocke sculpts, and I’m really happy to have a reason to paint one.
I had a SUPER busy weekend at Brawler Bash VII. I met a ton of super-nice people, and hopefully I will get the opportunity to do some projects for some of them. Also, I can’t wait to see what projects the recipients of the $50 gift certifcates want me to do for them.
In the coming weeks I will be posting about a Lizardmen project including two skink characters and some skirmishing movement trays. I’m also going to finish an Empire mounted BSB I’ve been working on. After that, I’m switching over to some 40K for a while starting with some Dark Angels! Hopefully I will also be able to squeeze in a few Reaper Bones models along the way.
I just finished this Ogre Ironblaster. I was going for quick and simple, but this model is pretty much impossible to do quickly, lol. Also, all of those little details are just begging to be snapped off! I really like the model, but I’m not too keen on having to assemble another one for a little while! It was nerve-wracking, lol.
In the next couple weeks I have a Lizardmen commission to complete – Skink Priest, Tetto’Eko, and skirmisher movement trays.
I will take step-by-step photos and post a how-to about the movement trays!
Before all that, however, I need to finish the Ogres project with the Limited Edition Bruiser/Tyrant.
Well I finished the Empire Wizards and Company Master. Here’s the photos! Remember, these are part of a 2500-3000 point Empire army I’m painting that will be for sale when it’s done.
I’ve had a lot of stuff happen in the last week or so that really disrupted my painting time, and then the deadline on the Empire Army project moved back, so some Ogres jumped up in line. Because of all that, I’ve pretty much just been working on the Empire Battle Wizards a little here and a little there. Here’s where they stand:
Over the next two weeks I will finish the wizards, finish the master engineer, paint an Ogre Ironblaster, and paint one to two more Ogre models (non-troops).