I totally forgot to take WIP pictures as I did the base. I used Woodland Scenics Soft Flake Snow for the snow, and Woodland Scenics Water Effects with a little bit of VMC Verdigris glaze mixed in for the ice. In the future, I think I will use a white ink instead of the VMC paint so the ice is a bit more transparent.
Here is another WIP of the Khador Juggernaut. At this point I have done salt and hairspray chipping, an oil wash, and some Secret Weapon weathering pigments (so far only on the arms, and not finished). I’ve learned a lot so far about weathering painting this model. It is the first one I’ve done this much weathering on.
Here are the finished ‘jacks that are part of a recent Standard level commission. The dark stony armor is my client’s color scheme. I reposed the Phoenix to have a “ninja” pose. Mostly that involved running a pin all the way through both hands (being sure to keep it going straight in the proper angle for holding the sword hilt!), cutting apart the sword, and pinning the sword parts on top of and on bottom of the hands. I had to shorten the hilt as the bottom hand would be holding that part. The trickiest part was putting all that together at an angle that would still allow the arms to attach to the body and shoulder pads properly, as well as not impact with the legs. The Manticore and Moros are not reposed. I do really like that new Moros model!
Here are the finished pictures of the warcasters in a recent Gaming Standard Warmachine Retribution commission. The color scheme of rocky grey armor and forest green is my client’s. Soon I can post the jacks for this commission as well!
Here are some quick pictures of a basic Standard level commission I recently did of a Circle of Orboros Riphorn Satyr. I really like most of the CoO models, and this was no exception!
I had a Feral Warpwolf sitting on my shelf that was just waiting for a base, and he had been waiting for that base for going on a year…no idea how that happened! So I decided to just go ahead and get that taken care of. I had some spare sculpey bits and some wooden craft sticks sitting around, as well as some leaves for basing that I really love.
First, I tore the edges of the sculpey and stacked a few bits together. I also broke off bits of some craft sticks. I then assembled all of this with some super glue. PVA would probably be fine as well, but I accidentally bought a HUGE bottle of super glue that turned out to be 30 minutes set time (I didn’t read the label thoroughly…), so I use it for basing a lot.
After the glue set, I used Vallejo Red Oxide Paste to fill gaps, smooth transitions, add texture, and glue additional rocks on.
Then I began airbrushing. First was a mix of RMS Woodstain Brown and RMS Golden Shadow. It doesn’t matter too much at this point to be neat.
Then I started adding color, because straight grey or brown is so boring! Also, nothing in nature is truly just one color, a brown rock is more than just brown if you really look at it. I used VGC Goblin Green next.
And RMS Bloodstain Red, then VGC Falcon Turquoise…
After that I washed it with GW Agrax Earthshade to tie it all back together.
Here is the wash dried:
Then I began drybrushing, first with RMS Aged Bone.
Next, I drybrushed several more colors – RMS Rust Brown, VMC Azure, VGC Goblin Green, RMS Golden Shadow.
Then it was time to black out the edges, drill holes for the pins in the Feral Warpwolf’s feet, and attach the model. Once that was done, I put Vallejo Matte Medium on the base wherever I thought it looked like it needed fallen leaves, and then applied Secret Weapon Summer Color Mix fallen leaves to those areas.
Now that it finally has a base, this model will be listed for sale soon!
I finally got around to finishing the last, but probably most important, part of the Convergence of Cyriss Mitigator for Project Orange Crush: the orange glow!
I airbrushed the big glowy areas starting from a dark orange and working up to a fluorescent yellow (I had to brush by hand the tiny glowy bits also), then glazed it over with Model Air Fluo Red, which looks pretty orange to me. Project Orange Crush has asked that the models not be based so that Privateer Press can do it for consistency in the armies, so at this point the model is done: