Blog Archives

Avatars of War Lord of Pestilence

Here’s the finished photos of the Avatars of War Lord of Pestilence! He was a lot of fun to paint, and I really loved those Secret Weapon skulls – this was the first model I’ve used them on. He would make a great Warriors of Chaos Nurgle Chaos Lord, and he is for sale for $87 plus postage.

Nurgle Chaos Lord 1 Nurgle Chaos Lord 2 Nurgle Chaos Lord 3 Nurgle Chaos Lord 4 Nurgle Chaos Lord 5 Nurgle Chaos Lord 6

Advertisements

WIP Avatars of War Lord of Pestilence

I’ve been working on an Avatars of War Lord of Pestilence model lately. He was absolutely a pain to prep, but nothing impossible to fix. I plan to do some weathering and gore on this model. He will make a great alternative Warhammer Nurgle Chaos Lord. Here’s a couple WIP shots!

20140821_205806 20140821_205817

WIP: Chaos Dwarfs cont.

I finished another 6 Chaos Dwarfs! Painting every troop in an army to a display level really can take a lot of time.

Here are a couple WIP photos and a finished (until basing is done and I can get them into my lightbox of course) photo of the next set:

24

25

26

And then it was time to start on another set, this time a set of 5:

27

That guy with the standard is going to be a huge paint in the butt to paint. There is a space between it and him, but it’s tiny…and of course there is stuff in there. Also, he’s a one piece cast, so it’s not like I could have just kept the banner separate. Grr!

Being more than a little weary of painting the same few dwarfs over and over, I took part of an evening off and worked on Be’Lakor by starting some pre-shading. I didn’t even get to finish that, but that’s OK. I’m not on any time constraint with that model.

3

WIP: Games Workshop Chaos Daemon Prince Be’Lakor

I’ve started a project that I will be working on here and there as I find time in between other projects, commissions, etc: Be’Lakor.

I really love this model, and I got a good deal on a used metal one. Unfortunately, the used model was assembled and painted, so the first step was to soak it in Simple Green and then use a toothbrush to rub all the old paint off.┬áHe ended up soaking in the Simple Green a bit too long, and so the metal has a grey color to it, but that isn’t a problem.

After he had been stripped, it turned out that the previous owner used something I really can’t identify to paint (?) the model with in just a couple places. It was blue, as hard as glass, and completely obscured some details. The simple green had no effect on it, but I was able to crack it with small pliers and peel it off.

Buying used models is always a crap-shoot. Sometimes they were treated well, or nothing was done to them at all, and sometimes it’s the worst of the worst with an entire bottle of super glue at each joint and tons of caked-on paint applied haphazardly so that as many details as possible are completely hidden and even soaking in Simple Green doesn’t get it all off so I have to put tons of extra time (often several hours) into cleaning it off.

Here you can see some of the blue stuff:

1